Controls Design Supervisor
30100 Cabot Dr, Novi, MI 48377 Novi, MI 48377 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are searching for a Hardware Controls Design Supervisor for our customer in the Farmington Hills, MI area. This is a direct hire opportunity with minimal to no travel and a great opportunity for a promotion into a management/leadership role in a company that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance. If you're currently a Hardware Controls Designer and would like to move into a supervisor role, please apply for this opportunity.
The Hardware Controls Design Supervisor manages the Electrical Group which comprises Controls Engineers and AutoCAD experts specializing in the design of electrical control systems including motor control panels, electrical device layouts, power drives, I/O, communication cabling, etc. You will report to the Department Head ensuring that electrical designs are developed and delivered to project teams and end users, meeting schedules and budgets.
- Development of schedule and coordination with the Project Engineers.
- Standardization of electrical products and designs. Documentation for the deployment of electrical products and designs.
- Standardization of system architecture; documentation of standards. Review of system architecture on projects.
- Standardization of system layouts; documentation of standards. Review of system layouts on projects.
- Directing and mentoring the Controls Engineers and AutoCAD Designers. Providing assistance where necessary.
- Identifying, spearheading, and implementing improvement initiatives.
- Creatively solving problems to optimize resources, scheduling, and budget.
- Coaching team members on project execution and proposing technical solutions for complex problems.
- Support proposals and customer inquiries. Estimate new project work.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical degree, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in industrial automation controls design and commissioning.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical is required.
- Experience managing a project and leading a team preferred.
- Scheduling and estimating experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC Programming (ControlLogix) is preferred.
- Scheduling and estimating experience required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.