Start your search. Find your place. Leverage your skills.
Controls Support Engineer - little to no travel
49509 , 49004 Wyoming, MI 49509 US
We're currently searching for a Controls Support Engineer for our customer in the Grand Rapids, MI area. This is a direct hire opportunity with an international company. You will have a controls engineering background with an interest in troubleshooting customer issues and providing solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather, coordinate and resolve complex technical inquiries that are generated by customers by phone, email or in person (on-site).
- Act as an interface between development staff, customers and product specialists.
- Develop individualized system solutions for customer-specific applications.
- Act as primary contact person for the sales team to resolve technically complex questions.
- Interacts with all internal and external sources necessary to successfully complete assignments.
- Carry out product-specific training sessions, seminars and service calls.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping their information confidential.
- Analyze customer requirement and ensure product meet customer requirements appropriately.
- Provide technical support to customer and configure services.
- Maintains records of customer information.
- Understands and maintains thorough knowledge of company products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Software Technology is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation.
- 1+ year(s) of technical experience preferred, especially dealing with customers, troubleshooting, and training.
- Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC experience is a plus.
- Programming experience with RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000 as well as Siemens S7
- Act as a technical resource to team and customers as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to customer sites in North America
- Interest in working in an office environment a majority of the time with travel to customer manufacturing facilities
- Patience and understanding for customers that have various levels of computer experience.
- Natural ability to immediately respond to urgent questions, establish priorities and delegate tasks as necessary.
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) • Retirement Plan (401k) • Paid Time Off • Paid Holidays M-Team Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes the most qualified individuals without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran/military status, marital status, or any other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brad is a founding partner and President of M-Team Solutions, responsible for recruiting, business development, human resources, and financial operations. Prior to his current role, Brad spent 30 years building and leading sales and recruiting teams in the engineering, manufacturing, IT, and business operations fields.
Brad spent the first ten years of his career at one of the largest staffing companies in the world, where he progressed to become one of the top producers, winning six straight sales contests. He worked 14 years at an engineering staffing & recruiting startup as a Recruiter, Sales Executive, Manager, and Division Vice President. Brad then spent 18 months in IT and SaaS sales consulting before accepting the position of Vice President of Business Development at Magnum Consulting, a sister company to M-Team Solutions.
In addition to his responsibilities with M-Team, Mr. Smiles also manages new business development and account management at Magnum Consulting, a conveyor, tooling, material handling, and structural steel engineering and design consulting company.
Mr. Smiles received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics & Management from Albion College where he played four years of varsity football and was twice selected All-Conference; Brad also received a Master of Business Administration in Marketing from Oakland University.
Brad and his wife Patty live in Oxford, Michigan, with their two daughters, Abby and Becca, as well as their dog, Pumpkin. Brad also enjoys golfing, weightlifting, reading non-fiction books, travel, and family genealogy research.