Start your search. Find your place. Leverage your skills.
Electrical Controls Project Engineer
6700 Tussing Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 Columbus, OH 43215 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are currently searching for an Electrical Controls Design Engineer for our customer in the Columbus, OH, area. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Designing, developing, and commissioning all aspects of electrical control systems, including panels, components, devices, and machinery for material handling systems. Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design products, including involvement in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of material handling system components. The material handling systems include power & free conveyors (P&F), skid conveyors, electrified monorail systems (EMS), friction drive systems (FDS), skillet conveyors, slat chain conveyors, vertical drop lifts (VDLs), automatic storage/retrieval systems (ASRS), fork/robot transfers, automatic guided carts (AGCs).
- Electrical control system design and detailing using AutoCAD
- Wiring diagrams, control panels, and electrical device layouts
- PLC programming for material handling systems
- HMI design for material handling systems
- Define electrical components to be used in an electrical control system
- Generate Bill of Material that satisfies customer specifications and system specifics
- Write documents describing conveyor system functionality, including the Sequence of Operations
- Perform calculations related to control panel design, including power distribution
- Perform calculations related to validating cycle time and safe distance calculations
- Perform calculations related to validating control systems communications (ENet, DNet…)
- Design and validate VFD parameters for multiple conveyor types (including load sharing)
- Lead commissioning of PLC logic and HMI screens in shop trials and field environment
- Perform plant and construction site field inspections
- Oversee skilled trades (electricians, millwrights, pipe fitters) during the installation of conveyor systems
- Assist in debugging field wiring issues with electricians
- Lead project meetings and generate meeting minutes
- Ability to supervise other engineers, assign tasks, schedule shifts, and check work
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffoldings and be physically capable of sitting, standing, and/or walking for long periods of time
- Interface with customer engineers when gathering system requirements and translating the requirements to functional technical specifications
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and departments as needed
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D software is required; AutoCAD 3D software or similar is a plus
- Knowledge of industrial control systems
- Experience with PLC programming (ControlLogix, Mitsubishi, Omron, GE, Siemens)
- Experience with HMI screen design such as GE, Panelview, PROFACE
- Knowledge of electrical wiring troubleshooting
- Knowledge of electrical standards (National Electric Code, ANSI, OSHA)
- Familiar with electrical codes, including NEC, NFPA 79, and UL 508A
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Experience with material handling equipment
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing
- Ability to travel to Project Sites as required (including international travel to Canada and Mexico)
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5-10+ years' experience in Electrical Engineering and control systems design
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.