Mechanical Design Engineer
901 Doris Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326 Auburn Hills, MI 48326 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Responsible for mechanical equipment design from concept through the development of final layouts and bills of material. Reviews, interprets, and supports the development of specifications, develops concept sketches, develops final layouts and bills of material, supports manufacturing and building of equipment, and resolves mechanical commissioning issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes equipment design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
- Develop concept sketches for mechanical devices related to assembly systems.
- Develop design/layout of cost unit & cost unit element.
- Present/review design with customer.
- Create all necessary deliverables for engineering release, including bill of material (BOM), and then release BOM for procurement.
- Supports communication with customers, suppliers, and company project team regarding all design issues on assigned projects in support of the Project Manager.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical equipment design.
- Design engineering experience in powertrain assembly systems, battery pack assembly systems, automotive trim, body or GA tooling, conveyors, material handling systems, robotics, or AGVs/AGCs.
- Design capability using Inventor and/or Solidworks
- AutoCAD 2D is required. Design experience with NX is a plus.
- Working knowledge of product lifecycle management software (PLM).
- Working knowledge of project scheduling software.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.