30100 Cabot Dr, Novi, MI 48377 Novi, MI 48377 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer with 1-3+ years of experience in the design and engineering of material handling systems. This is a direct hire opportunity in Novi, MI.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; Designing, developing, and detailing mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design products, including involvement in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair. Estimation of mainline materials handling systems (body weld, paint & assembly) for automotive manufacturing lines. The materials handling systems include Electrified Monorail Systems (EMS), Power & Free conveyors (P&F), Friction conveyors (FDS), Skillet conveyors (Platform), slat chain conveyors, vertical lifts, and part carriers. Performs engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum material handling systems based on engineering practice or customer requirements.
Application Engineering & Mechanical Engineering Responsibilities
- Perform engineering studies to develop reliable and optimal material handling systems based on best engineering practices or customer requirements
- Assist in the design and development of new conveyor systems and equipment, and standard cost evaluations for new conveyor equipment
- Estimate costs for mechanical and structural components of material handling installation costs
- Assist sales or technical service with the complete bid proposal development
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and departments as needed
- Order, track, and coordinate onsite materials
- Support field modifications and commissioning
- Design and detail mechanical conveyor components by using AutoCAD or Inventor
- Designing of structural steel support system of Material Handling System by using AutoCAD
- Detailing of mechanical components and structural items. This will include dimensioning, Bill of material updates, and modification to existing/standard drawings
- Interface with customer engineers when gathering system requirements, then translate the requirement to functional technical specifications
- Investigate/provide lowest cost material handling alternatives that meet customer requirements (VA/VE)
- Make technical presentations of material handling solutions to customer engineers
- Assist in supplier assessment and business sourcing
- Plant/Construction site field inspections
- Interface with the fabrication/manufacturing team
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffoldings, etc.
- Physically capable of sitting, standing, and/or walking for long periods of time
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required. Inventor, Solidworks, or similar is desired.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems (motors/chains), structural materials (steel beams/channels/angles), and Steel machining/welding practices desired
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in material handling and steel design
- Strong skills and experience in estimating total costs for mechanical and structural components of material handling systems. Experience in bid proposals is a plus
- Must have experience in system design and implementation in an industrial or manufacturing environment. Automotive manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel as required (25%); Overtime required at times.
- Work in an open office environment
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 1-2+ years experience in mechanical engineering & designing
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.