Service Engineer - Conveyors
39046 Canton, MS 39046 US
We are currently searching for a Service and Site Engineer for our customer in Canton, MS. This is a direct hire opportunity.
As a Service and Site Engineer you will install, troubleshoot, and maintain various material handling and conveyor systems. You will perform electrical, electronic, and mechanical repairs, identify, analyze, and repair product failures, order & replace parts as needed. You will also determine and recommend which products, systems or services best fit the customers' needs.
- Observe the equipment in operation; listening for problems; executing various test cycle operations, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on equipment, following site specific procedures & operations/maintenance manuals
- Insure proper tracking of parts used to ensure consignment inventory accuracy. Follow proper stock handling procedures
- Interpret engineering drawings and assist site installation crews as necessary throughout the installation phase of a project thru customer final acceptance
- Perform Engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum solutions based on customer requirements
- Create bid documents and facilitate meetings and negotiations with subcontractors on any project.
- Must also be able to make estimations on all projects.
- Understand project schedules and site activities required for successful implementation of material handling systems
- Must be able to serve as team leader on any project.
- Familiar with structural design and analysis, including calculations
- Skilled position involving technical training
- Must be available to work weekends, nights, overtime, and holidays, as needed
- Must be able to negotiate thru an industrial conveyor system requiring climbing access ladders, scaffolding, screen guards, etc.
- Physically capable of standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift at 25-50 lbs
- Strong PLC programming skills in a hands-on field construction environment desirable
- The ability to choose and manage sub-contractors, manage schedules and budgets
- The skill to meet with customers and identify needs and potential sales opportunities
- Requires debugging skills during commissioning of new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customers and peers
- Ability to react to changes proactively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Display broad-based customer focus and commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs
- Strong communication skills for interface with customer engineers in gathering system requirements and then translating the requirements into functional technical specifications
- Machinery installation experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and general computer skills
- AutoCad, Inventor, or other 3D modeling software
Education and Experience
- AS or BS technical degree in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering, or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in material handling and conveyor engineering for the automotive industry is desirable. Construction or manufacturing environment experience preferred
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) • Retirement Plan (401k) • Paid Time Off • Paid Holidays • Life Insurance M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.