Sr. Project Manager - Construction or Automation
48375 Novi, MI 48375 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are currently searching for a Sr. Project Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Novi, MI. Note that this position requires 75% or more travel throughout North America. The first two years will be spent working in the Columbus, OH area.
You will be:
- The primary person responsible for making sure the project goals are met (milestones, profit, planning requirements, reporting requirements)
- The company face to the customer - good communication and relationship building skills are required
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project planning of schedules and finances.
- Responsible to make sure the internal project team consisting of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, and Manufacturing are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible to drive the site team as necessary to ensure goals and milestones are met
- Responsible to ensure the external project team consisting of multiple subcontractors are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible to solve project issues as the arise while following project chain of command and escalation of issues as needed to maintain project goals.
- Travel to project jobsite as needed to manage subcontractors and ensure projects are on track to meet contractual milestones
- Bring projects in on schedule and under budget
- Price, track, process and manage all project changes
- Establish project file and review all material
- Establish project team and meet frequently with members. Project Manager is responsible for all meetings and meeting documentation
- Meet with customer and salesperson to review project
- Establish procedure to ensure easy and complete communication to the customer, project team and all others involved (written and oral)
- Be sure that mechanical and electrical engineering have reviewed estimate and understand all elements involved
- Establish a detailed schedule, establish priorities, and identify long lead times
- Monitor engineering and shop to ensure downstream activities are supported
- Review all punch lists
- Initiate job close-out
- Automotive manufacturing, material handling, conveyors, or construction experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Understanding of Wiring Diagrams and Mechanical layouts
- 5+ years experience in Project Management, preferably in the material handling industry
- Engineering or Construction Management degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) • Retirement Plan (401k) • Paid Time Off • Paid Holidays • Life Insurance M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Recruiter and Account Manager
Kerry Johnson is a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience in sales and recruitment. With a career spanning 15 years, Kerry has honed her skills and developed a passion for helping individuals discover their dream careers while making a meaningful impact. Kerry's journey in sales and recruitment has been nothing short of impressive. Starting independently, she has grown to lead entire regions, with a notable achievement of winning top sales in the Midwest in 2011 before stepping into a managerial role.
Kerry brings a unique approach to recruitment, ensuring candidates not only find suitable opportunities but also feel genuinely understood and valued throughout the process. Her commitment extends beyond the hiring process, as she actively collaborates with hiring managers and leadership to streamline operations, enhance clarity, and drive efficiency, always with an unwavering focus on achieving outstanding results.
Kerry has been happily married to her husband, Dean, for an impressive 25 years and is the proud mother of three children—Michael, Corey, and Olivia. Her family has expanded with two delightful granddaughters, adding even more joy to her life. Kerry shares her home with three rescue dogs—Roxie, Moby, and Tucker. Her dedication to saving dogs in shelters reflects her compassionate nature and commitment to making a difference beyond the professional realm.
Over the past 12 years, Kerry has also been a driving force behind the success of "80's Party For A Purpose," an annual charity event supporting Burn Camp for Kids, Families of Service Men and Women, and Families of Children with Autism, as well as many other programs and initiatives. Through this event, this team of dedicated family and friends has raised over $220,000!
For more information about Kerry's charity work, you can visit 80's Party For A Purpose and learn about the impactful initiatives they support.