Sr. Project Manager - Material Handling Systems
30100 Cabot Dr, Novi, MI 48377 Novi, MI 48377 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are searching for a Sr. Project Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Novi, MI.
The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for applying knowledge of Project Management to manage projects which include engineering, fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of material handling system components from start to finish. Material handling systems might include power & free conveyors (P&F), skid conveyors, electrified monorail systems (EMS), friction drive systems (FDS), skillet conveyors, slat chain conveyors, vertical drop lifts (VDLs), automatic storage/retrieval systems (ASRS), fork/robot transfers, automatic guided carts (AGCs).
You will be:
- The primary person responsible for making sure the project goals are met (milestones, profit, planning requirements, reporting requirements)
- The company face to the customer - good communication and relationship-building skills are required
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project planning of schedules and finances.
- Responsible for making sure the internal project team consisting of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and Manufacturing are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible for driving the site team as necessary to ensure goals and milestones are met
- Responsible for ensuring the external project team consisting of multiple subcontractors are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible for solving project issues as they arise while following the project chain of command and escalating of issues as needed to maintain project goals.
- Travel to the project job site as needed to manage subcontractors and ensure projects are on track to meet contractual milestones.
- Bring projects in on schedule and under budget
- Price, track, process, and manage all project changes
- Establish project file and review all material
- Establish a project team and meet frequently with members. The Project Manager is responsible for all meetings and meeting documentation.
- Meet with customers and salespersons to review the project
- Establish a procedure to ensure easy and complete communication to the customer, project team, and all others involved (written and oral)
- Be sure that mechanical and electrical engineering have reviewed the estimate and understand all elements involved
- Establish a detailed schedule, establish priorities, and identify long lead times
- Monitor engineering and shop to ensure downstream activities are supported
- Review all punch lists
- Initiate job close-out
- Automotive manufacturing, industrial, material handling, or construction experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Wiring Diagrams and Mechanical layouts
- 5+ years experience in Project Management, preferably in the material handling industry
- An engineering or Construction Management degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marketing Specialist
Working within a dual role as Marketing Manager and Technical Recruiter at M-Team Solutions, Bryce Watts deploys marketing campaigns that drive qualified candidates to apply to our client’s open positions. Watts is also responsible for recruiting, recruitment marketing, communications, business development, graphic design, branding, and website development.
Soon after graduating with a B.B.A. in Marketing and high honors from the University of Michigan-Flint, Bryce began working full-time at the Genesee Intermediate School District as a Marketing and Video Specialist. During his time at GISD, Bryce received multiple awards for his video work, including the 41st Annual Telly Awards’ Silver Award in their General—Non-Broadcast division and Genesee County Education Foundation’s Everyday Hero Award.
Watts has also worked as Magnum Consulting’s Business Development and Marketing Specialist since March 2019. When joining the team, Bryce was tasked with increasing Magnum Consulting’s social media presence, creating consistency within branding, and rebuilding 4magnum.com from the ground up. Bryce implemented SEO tactics, increasing user flows to the company’s contact, projects, and careers sections.
Bryce lives in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Kaelee, and dog Kessel. Outside of work, Bryce loves working out at the Davison Athletic Club, playing volleyball with his wife, and researching all things blockchain-related.