Sr. Service Engineer - Controls
48375 Novi, MI 48375 US
We are currently searching for a Sr. Service Engineer with knowledge of controls engineering, troubleshooting and programming. This is a direct hire opportunity with our customer in Novi, MI.
You will install, troubleshoot, and maintain controls systems for conveyors and related equipment. You will perform electrical, electronic, and mechanical repairs; identify, analyze, and repair product failures; and order & replace parts as needed.
- Observe the equipment in operation; listening for problems; executing various test cycle operations, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on equipment, following site specific procedures & operations/maintenance manuals
- Interpret engineering drawings and assist site installation crews as necessary throughout the installation phase of a project thru customer final acceptance
- Must also be able to make estimations on small and medium projects
- Understand project schedules and site activities required for successful implementation of material handling systems
- Must be available to work weekends, nights, overtime, and holidays, as needed
- Must be flexible as the position may require traveling to any of our job sites within the US, Canada, or Mexico
- Must be able to negotiate thru an industrial conveyor system requiring climbing access ladders, scaffolding, screen guards, etc
- Physically capable of standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift at 25-50 lbs
- Strong PLC programming skills in a hands-on field environment desirable
- The ability to choose and manage sub-contractors, manage schedules and budgets
- The skill to meet with customers and identify needs and potential sales opportunities
- Requires debugging skills during commissioning of new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment
- Proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and general computer skills
- AutoCAD, Inventor, or other 3D modeling software preferred
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or automation engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in material handling and conveyor engineering for the automotive industry is desirable
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) • Retirement Plan (401k) • Paid Time Off • Paid Holidays • Life Insurance M-Team Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M-Team Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Recruiter and Account Manager
Kerry Johnson is a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience in sales and recruitment. With a career spanning 15 years, Kerry has honed her skills and developed a passion for helping individuals discover their dream careers while making a meaningful impact. Kerry's journey in sales and recruitment has been nothing short of impressive. Starting independently, she has grown to lead entire regions, with a notable achievement of winning top sales in the Midwest in 2011 before stepping into a managerial role.
Kerry brings a unique approach to recruitment, ensuring candidates not only find suitable opportunities but also feel genuinely understood and valued throughout the process. Her commitment extends beyond the hiring process, as she actively collaborates with hiring managers and leadership to streamline operations, enhance clarity, and drive efficiency, always with an unwavering focus on achieving outstanding results.
Kerry has been happily married to her husband, Dean, for an impressive 25 years and is the proud mother of three children—Michael, Corey, and Olivia. Her family has expanded with two delightful granddaughters, adding even more joy to her life. Kerry shares her home with three rescue dogs—Roxie, Moby, and Tucker. Her dedication to saving dogs in shelters reflects her compassionate nature and commitment to making a difference beyond the professional realm.
Over the past 12 years, Kerry has also been a driving force behind the success of "80's Party For A Purpose," an annual charity event supporting Burn Camp for Kids, Families of Service Men and Women, and Families of Children with Autism, as well as many other programs and initiatives. Through this event, this team of dedicated family and friends has raised over $220,000!
For more information about Kerry's charity work, you can visit 80's Party For A Purpose and learn about the impactful initiatives they support.